Head/Senior Spa Therapist
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.comApply
Full Time Senior Therapist
We are looking for a Full Time Head/Senior Therapist to join our new Source Spa and Wellness Team.
To join our team you need to have an NVQ level 3 or equivalent (i.e. ITEC, CIDESCO, CIBTAC, BABTAC) in beauty therapy.
Although not essential it also helps to have had training and working knowledge of one or more of the more popular skincare brands.
Asides from the below the main requirement that we look for in a senior spa therapist is a mature and flexible attitude, excellent and proven communication skills and working experience. Available to work weekends is a must.
- Act as a role model for other junior level therapists; helping at times to mentor and train new starters and assist with staff appraisals. Depending on the staffing structure of your spa you may be responsible for the supervision of a team of therapists, front of house and housekeeping staff.
- Provide direct support to the spa manager, head therapist or treatments manager when required. This may include deputising in their absence, assisting with stock ordering and stock control or training of staff
- Carry out checks to ensure that treatment rooms and wider spa areas are clean, well stocked with equipment and products, safe and hygienic
- Responsibility for retail product sales targets; both of self and possibly also of the other therapists on the team. The senior spa therapist may also be tasked with coming up with initiatives to promote products and to come up with sales incentives for the team
- Ensure spa equipment is working and to coordinate safety and maintenance checks and repairs with the maintenance team where necessary
- Leading from the front in demonstrating how to provide excellent customer service from the moment customers are greeted at the front desk, during their various treatments and also their after treatment care
- Providing a direct communication line with the spa manager to ensure they are informed of any customer care issues or breaches in company procedures
- Help the spa management ensure that spa procedures, codes of practice and guidelines are adhered to whether it be the completion of health questionnaires, maintenance of client treatment records or dealing with customer complaints
- To oversee the booking of treatments and ensure that treatments are sensibly allocated to each therapist and that the staffing rota is geared up at all times to ensure treatments are carried out smoothly and on time.
- To ensure that knowledge of all stocked spa products and treatments amongst staff is up-to date
- Monitor and control stock levels and make spa manager aware when stock levels need replenishing
- A good communicator with the ability to motivate fellow spa team members
- An excellent team member who will gladly provide admin or reception cover if a member of staff is off sick or on holiday
- High standards of presentation both of their self but also their treatment room and surrounding areas of the spa
- Professional attitude towards work
- Ability to display empathy and build rapport with your clients
- A focus on providing excellent customer care
- Physically fit
- Stamina especially if the spa focuses on body massage treatments
- Flexibility is key; willingness and capability of working to a rota and providing shift cover at weekends, evenings, holiday cover etc. And this may sometimes extend beyond therapy work to reception and admin
How to Apply:
Please email your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Applications close: 23rd June 2018.
Alternatively post to: Mrs Stella Lethaby, Personnel manager, Saunton Sands Hotel, Nr Braunton, North Devon EX33 1LQ