Saunton Sands Hotel Access Statement
Welcome to the Saunton Sands Hotel
We are committed to creating great memories and experiences for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one.
We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, our friendly and experienced team will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
Some general points on access
- The hotel is arranged over four floors and there is lift access to the three main floors.
- There is lift access to our Restaurant and main lounge, which are both on one level.
- We have three apartments on ground floor level; "Surf" apartment (with two twin beds and one double bed) has wet room facilities.
- There are disabled toilets in Reception and in our Saunton Suite.
Directions to the hotel
- From the M5 take junction 27 (A361 North Devon Link Road).
- Follow this road for 37 miles until you reach Barnstaple.
- From Barnstaple follow the signs for Braunton.
- Upon reaching Braunton, turn left at the traffic lights and follow the road to Saunton.
- You will pass the golf club on your left, then the entrance to the beach also on your left.
- Continue 100 yards until you reach the hotel entrance, again on the left.
- Our postcode is EX33 1LQ.
Before you arrive
- Enquiries and reservations may be made online or by phone, fax or email.
- Should you require a taxi from the Barnstaple Railway or Bus Station (30 minutes drive), we use a reliable company and would be able to book them on your behalf.
When you arrive at the hotel
- There is a drop off point, on a slight incline, at the main entrance to the hotel.
- There are two designated disabled parking spaces in the car park at the front of the hotel.
- Entrance to the front of the hotel is via steps or a ramp.
- Porters are always available to assist you and, if you wish, your luggage can be collected from your car and delivered direct to your room. A porter can also help you upon departure.
Our Reception Area
- Reception desk is accessed from the main entrance by steps which have a central handrail or by a disabled lift.
- The floor is carpeted.
- Our staff are always available to help you with check-in.
- All corridors are well lit and carpeted.
- The Restaurant and main lounge are on one level, on the lower ground floor, accessible from the main entrance by steep stairs or the lift.
- In the lower ground floor and Bar area some of the floors are tiled and some are carpet.
- Any doors in these areas are on auto closures.
Public Toilets & Accessible Shower Room Facilities
- There are two disabled toilets, one in Reception, opposite the main lift, on the ground floor and the second in the Saunton Suite (accessible by lift).
- Ladies and Gents toilets are available on the lower ground floor, close to the Restaurant and Lounge. There is also an additional Gents toilet on the ground floor.
- Accessible Shower Room facilities are available, accessed by a portable ramp, in the Ladies changing rooms of the indoor swimming pool, located on the ground floor. (Please enquire for more details)
- The Restaurant floor is mainly carpeted with some areas that are tiled.
- There is ample movable seating and there are chairs with or without arms available.
- There is background music in most areas. This can be adjusted if requested.
- Service is a mixture of full buffet and table service. Full waiter service is provided if required.
- Restaurant tables are laid with white table linen.
- There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
- There are 95 rooms located over four floors with lift access to the three main floors.
- There are three apartments on ground floor level; "Surf" with two twin and one double bedded room has wet room facilities.
- We do not have fully adapted bathrooms but some are fitted with grab rails over the bath.
- There are telephones in all rooms and 24 hour room service is available.
- The indoor heated pool suite is on the ground floor and is accessed by steps or a portable ramp.
- Entry into the indoor pool is by six built in steps at one end with a hand rail the full length of these steps.
- The outdoor pool is accessed by steps.
- Access to the sea facing terrace is via the lounge area which has a slightly raised edge on the doorways.
- The patio itself is a flat paved surface with some movable seating.
Please reserve the following equipment when you make your booking. If you require anything that is not listed below, please contact us and we will do our utmost to arrange the hire on your behalf.
- Bath seat
- High Chair
- Some bedrooms have mini bars, suitable for the storage of medication and the hotel will endeavour to allocate these on requests of this facility.
- The fire alarm is a high pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
- Deafguards linked to the fire alarm system are available on request for those guests with impaired hearing.
- Emergency evacuation plans are available in each room. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
- An evacuation procedure can be agreed with guests on arrival.
- Service dogs (only) are welcome.
We have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement but we are always willing to give further information on any aspect of the hotel. If you feel you have a particular query we have not covered then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.
Tel: 01271 890212
Reservations: 01271 892001
Fax: 01271 890145
Saunton Sands Hotel,