North Devon's a paradise for walkers
The North Devon area around the hotel is a walking breaks paradise, with keen ramblers and strollers visiting each year to experience the miles of beautiful countryside, protected wildlife habitats and crashing seascapes.
Did you see we featured at number 3 in The Times and The Sunday Times UK's best hotels with walks in their Travel supplement: Read here. With the South West Coast Path and beautiful beaches right on our doorstep, as well as the delights of Exmoor National Park just a short drive away, it's easy to see why we offer a perfect base for walking holidays in Devon.
Six fabulous reasons to base yourself at Saunton Sands Hotel:
- Buses stop right outside the hotel, and will take you to the starting points of many great walks
- The hotel sits right on the South West Coastal Path, which is a perfect starting point for a gentle, 'see where it takes us' stroll
- You can experience lots of different terrains, from beach walks to bridle paths, dunes and inland
- The hotel will provide a packed lunch for you (£10pp) - just ask
- Afterwards you can ease weary muscles in our large indoor pool or enjoy a massage
- You don't need to be a serious rambler to enjoy the landscape - there are walks to suit everyone