15th January 2021
Reasons to visit in Spring
Spring is a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can be, as it’s the season of rejuvenation and growth.
As the days grow longer, soak up the sounds and scents of nature on sun-speckled days with walks on our wide-open beaches or magical wooded valleys carpeted with bluebells. The coast beckons for exploration and adoration.
In the spirit of re-awakening, be sure to pack your swimmers so you’re all set to plunge into our large outdoor pool (heated to 28°c from May) or take a rejuvenating splash in the sea. Recharge with a relaxing seasonal spa treatment, soak in the mineral-rich vitality pool and sweat it out in the sauna.
The sensational menus at our two AA rosette restaurant are packed with seasonal dishes which use locally sourced produce wherever possible. Take a seat on the sunny terrace and tuck into a scrumptious afternoon tea with sea views. You might also like to head to our sister bistro, Beachside Grill, for morning coffee or a relaxing lunch after a stroll on the beach. Embrace the magic of new beginnings with a glorious grown-up getaway and get a good dose of ‘me time’ outside of the school holidays.
1. Wake to the sounds of the gentle wash of surf rolling along the beach, then pull back the curtains to be greeted by spring morning light illuminating miles of undulating dunes.
2. Salute the break of day with yoga on the lawn.
3. As the day draws to a close, watch the sun slip into the sea as you sip a cocktail on our rooftop sun deck
4. Venture out to explore the heritage, wildlife, geology and scenery of the area via the South West Coast Path. Mighty cliffs plunge into the sea, gulls nest on ledges on rocky headlands, and sandpipers and curlews rummage along the shoreline.
5. From May, take an interactive wildlife experience with Ilfracombe Sea Safari to swim with the seals and explore smugglers’ coves, lighthouses and waterfalls.
6. Visit the extraordinary gardens at RHS Rosemoor or Marwood Hill and delight in the spring bulbs and swathes of foamy blossom. You can even use our Brend discount – ask at reception for more details