5th January 2022
What's on this Easter 2022
The Easter holidays are almost here and we want to make sure this Easter with your family is as fun as possible, and if you’re looking to treat the little ones with fun and chocolatey treats during your visit, then look no further.
We have put together 10 things to do during the season of lambs, chicks, chocolate, and spring flowers.
- The National Trust will be hosting an Easter egg hunt across the nature trails they care for in North Devon with a chocolate treat at the end. Their trials usually cost £3.00 per child in addition to the admission charge. Find out more information on their website!
- RHS Rosemoor Gardens will also be holding an Easter trial this year. On completion of the trial, each family will receive a chocolatey goody bag which will include chocolate treats, an activity sheet and some seeds to plant and grow at home. Find out more here.
- The Tamar Trails near Tavistock has two trails for their Easter hunt. One is very adventurous with lookout points, walkways, and very steep steps. The other is a gentle short walk which is better suited for off-road buggies and toddlers. The trial costs £2.00 per child and booking online is essential, so get your tickets to miss out on disappointment.
- Head to Crealy Adventure Park And Resort to take part in their yearly Easter egg hunt. Aswell as their hunt, their outdoor rides and attractions will also be open for visitors throughout the day as well as their farm for you to visit their animals! Visit their website
- You can't visit North Devon this Easter without visiting at least one of our beaches. We have so many breathtaking beaches for you to choose from. Saunton Sands beach is just a step away when staying at Saunton Sands Hotel, or visit Croyde beach which is a 5 minute drive from us. If you fancy taking a scenic drive to another beach there is Westward Ho! Beach which has many restaurants and arcades for the little ones to enjoy throughout the day. Whether you want a brisk spring walk or a cold dip in the sea, our beaches will be the perfect way to end your Easter holidays.
- Exmoor National Park is a great place to take a family walk through during the Easter holidays, with beautiful views and amazing wildlife, this picturesque walk will be one to look back on in years to come and a great way to celebrate the Easter season. Don't forget to keep an eye out for the Exmoor ponies!
- Why don’t you and your family take a trip to the Bystock Pools Nature Reserve in Exmouth? With lakes, heathland and meadows, this place makes a wonderfully diverse nature reserve. When you visit you will find yourself stopping to take in the beautiful views across the lily-pad-filled lakes and climbing the gentle slopes of a wildflower meadow. How wonderful does that sound?
- On a beautiful spring day hire a bike and take a cycle through North Devon's Tarka Trail, this is a 180-mile route that travels through the amazing untouched countryside. With sea cliffs and beautiful beaches, the Southern loop incorporates the longest continuous off-road cycle path in the U.K. Walking or cycling, you can experience the best that this breathtaking place has to offer.
- Watermouth Castle is another great family attraction to visit during the Easter Holidays, all under a glorious Victorian manor. This theme park is filled with rides and attractions as well as multiple cafes and picnic areas to enjoy the fresh spring air.
- If the weather isn't on your side during your stay in North Devon, why not visit Let's Go in Barnstaple? Open 7 days a week, this arena has a bunch of activities for the rainy days. With indoor bowling, karaoke, a soft play area and a solid strike arena you will have an abundance of things to choose from for you and the family to enjoy for the day!
There are so many things for you and the family to do during the Easter half term that one day just wouldn't be enough.
Book yourself and the family a stay at the luxury Saunton Sands Hotel this Easter break.
For more information on our Easter holiday breaks call us on 01271 890212 (option 1) to discuss further.