Saunton Sands Hotel Booking Terms
By proceeding with this booking you are accepting the terms and conditions below.
All cancellations will result in loss of non-refundable deposit.
Once you have confirmed a reservation with us, should you wish to cancel, the following charges will apply.
Cancellations made within 72 hours of arrival full charges apply
Cancellations made before this time will result in a loss of deposit.
Cancellations made within 28 days of arrival (school holidays) full charges will apply
- Having arrived at the hotel, should you wish to cut short your stay, full accommodation charges will apply as will a non-arrival.
- Should you wish to cancel your holiday, we must receive a notification in writing or by email.
Cancellation terms for Christmas and New Year Period
All reservations for Christmas and New year require a deposit of 33% at the time of booking
The deposit is non-refundable against cancellation and all cancellations will result in the following charges:
- More than 56 days - loss of deposit
- 29 - 56 days 70% of full accommodation charges
- 22 - 28 days 90% of full accommodation charges
- 0 - 21 days 100% of full accommodation charges
All room rates quoted are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
- We regret that bedrooms and living suites are not normally available until 3.00pm and self catering apartments 4pm on the day of arrival.
- Guests are most welcome to arrive at the hotel before hand, check in and use the facilities.
- Rooms must be vacated by 11.00am on the day of departure, however, as above, guests are most welcome to use the hotel’s facilities after departure.
- The hotel has a large car park for which there is no charge. You are welcome to pull up at the front door to unload, but then we respectfully request that you find a parking space in the main car park. If you are a disabled badge holder we do have limited spaces available. Hotel residents however MUST enter your vehicle registration number on the smart parking tablet to ensure no penalties are received.
- Accounts are to be settled fully on departure. All major credit and debit cards are accepted. Cheques accepted with bankers cheque guarantee card. If you wish your account to be sent on, please advise prior to your stay in order for credit facilities to be arranged. The management reserve the right to refuse credit to any guest. Any goods or services not paid for prior to departure, will be charged to your credit card and an advice and receipt will be sent to your address.
Playroom – available for children aged 3 months to 11 years.
- During school holidays the playroom is open Monday to Sunday 9.30am. – 4.30pm. (supervised)
- If you wish to use the service, sessions can be booked with the playroom staff for a 2 hour period. This will allow all guests a fair chance of securing a booking during their stay (bookings can be taken in advance, however we advise you to confirm your booking nearer the time).
- Sessions and activities vary throughout the day – please see playroom staff for activities taking place during your stay.
- Playroom staff are unable to feed children/babies or administer medicines.
- Playroom staff are able to change nappies and assist with toileting (please provide nappies and a spare change of clothing if your child is potty training)
- Babies reduce the staff/child ratios, therefore availability may be restricted to particular sessions each day.
- Only children under the age of 11 years of age will be accepted for supervision.
- In order to comply with our insurance policy, we are required to advise our guests of the following rules.
- Lone Swimmers – Please advise reception if you are going to be swimming alone and approximately how long you will be.
- Children under 8 years - Must be accompanied in the water by an adult.
- Children between 8 and 16 years – Must be supervised by an adult either on the poolside or in the water.
- Other rules apply when using either of the swimming pools. For your safety, please read the literature provided at the hotel and observe the signs around the pool areas.
Dress Code/Further Information
After some wonderful suggestions from our guests we’ve decided to return to our roots and embrace the deco nature of the restaurant and create a smart but more relaxed dining experience.
Our Dining Room is open for dinner 5:30pm - 9.30pm. It is advisable to book, please contact reception to make your reservation.
Dressing for dinner is all part of the Saunton Sands experience, but we don't expect you to go to extremes. From 6.30pm smart dress is requested for dinner.
Our children's menu is served from 12pm-9pm and parents are welcome to dine with their children in our Dining Room.
Should you have any dietary requirements or food allergies that we are not already aware of, please do mention it when ordering.
Apartment Room Service: Please note that room service to our Apartments is weather dependent – please dial 030 for further information.
How to Find Us
- From the M5 Motorway, leave at Junction 27 and take the A361 towards Barnstaple.
- From Barnstaple, continue along the A361 towards Ilfracombe (new link road and bridge)
- Once in Braunton Village, turn left onto the Saunton Road (B3231).
- Continue straight on the B3231 for approximately 3 miles, you will see the hotel on the left hand side.
The Management reserve to alter, change or close any facility or activity without any prior notice.
- All guest’s details will be kept on file for legal reasons.
- Guest’s addresses will not be used for mailing purposes unless otherwise requested.
- Address information will not be passed onto any other organisation but may be used by The Saunton Sands Hotel or Brend Hotels Ltd. for marketing analysis purposes.
- If you have previously requested to be on our mailing list and do not wish to receive any further information, please contact us.
Percy R Brend and Sons (Hoteliers) Ltd