Spa and Wellness Therapist
Permanent - Full Time (40)
Salary: £11.00ph upwards (DOE)Apply
Source Spa and Wellness at Saunton Sands Hotel is North Devon’s finest coastal spa that has established a new benchmark in soulful and physical wellbeing. Set atop the cliffs, our spa overlooks the awe-inspiring dunes of the World Heritage Biosphere, rolling waves of the Atlantic Ocean and miles of golden sands.
As a Spa Therapist, you will carry out and manage the wide range of luxurious high-end holistic and results-driven treatments on offer. Every step of our customer journey should ooze serene spa sophistication, our guests should feel special at each visit and leave relaxed and rejuvenated. You will demonstrate professionalism and exceptional customer service to provide a first-class spa and wellbeing experience. The ideal candidate will have a passion for health and wellbeing along with the appropriate qualifications.
As part of the Brend Hotels Collection, you will receive a competitive rate of pay, opportunities for progression within the spa and throughout the hotel group, ongoing training, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. Flexible working is available with various shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company that is renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service in the South West
What will I be doing?
As a Spa Therapist at Source, you will carry out multiple spa and beauty treatments daily including facials, massages, wellness treatments and waxing. You will also be required to help achieve sales targets and manage customer feedback.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Offer Guests a high level of service while embracing the Company's brand standards
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all the treatments, products, promotions, spa day and spa break packages on offer
- Ensure all treatments comply with current legislation and company standards
- Cross sell complimentary services and recommend appropriate home care products
- Ensure client experience is proficient including bookings, payments, and consultation cards
- Provide post-treatment advice, aftercare and recommendations
- Interact and communicate effectively with clients, members, team members, guests, and management team
- Maintain our standard of cleanliness, hygiene and professional presentation
- Maintain linen and product levels in treatment rooms
What are we looking for?
To apply for the role Spa Therapist, you will need the following qualifications:
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Spa and Beauty Therapy
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- At least one years’ experience in a busy salon or spa is desirable/required
- Flexibility to work to the hours and needs of the business including shift, weekend and Bank Holiday work as well as covering shifts due to illness
- Positive and friendly attitude to your colleagues, superiors and guests
- Effective communication with staff and clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and cover treatments and Spa Attendant duties when required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- Commitment to delivering superior levels of customer service
- A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adhere to uniform requirements
What’s in it for me?
There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment, discounted spa treatments and products as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company. We provide a free shuttle bus from Barnstaple via Braunton and back again throughout the day. Our car park is also free of charge for our staff on duty and meals are also provided on duty, saving you money. And needless to say, our location is second to none. Enjoy the sweeping views of Saunton Sands, the Atlantic Ocean and Braunton Burrows daily as you arrive and depart, from our double treatment room, Thermal Suite and rooftop relaxation area during your shift.
Staff Accommodation available in nearby Barnstaple.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!