Permanent - Full Time (48)
Closing date: 18th June 2022
Salary: £115.00 per dayApply
Location: Braunton, North Devon. EX33 3LQ
Salary: £115 per day
Hotel: Saunton Sands Hotel
Hours per week: 48 hours (4 days per week)
Deadline to apply: 18th June 2022
As a Commis Chef you will assist Senior Chefs in running an efficient and profitable kitchen, using quality ingredients to inspire flavourful menus and prepare attractive food.
Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in the South West of England, whilst expanding your knowledge and skills in a flourishing workplace environment.
What will I be doing? As a Commis Chef at Saunton Sands Hotel, you will perform tasks and follow instructions given to you by a Senior Chef, incorporating knowledge and skills gained to further advance your career. You are responsible for maintaining your kitchen station and equipment throughout your shift whilst showing willingness to progress and deliver customer satisfaction through the dishes you prepare. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
● Maintain kitchen area and equipment, ensuring your station and utensils are in a hygienic condition at all times.
● Ensure deliveries are stored in the correct locations whilst in a timely manner.
● Deliver a speedy service whilst ensuring the quality and presentation of food.
● Consider portion control to minimise waste whilst preparing dishes.
● Understand and comply with company policy on HASAWA, HACCP level 2 food safety, fire precautions, legal requirements, and perform any other tasks that may be required from time to time.
● Establish relationships with kitchen staff and those assisting in the delivery of service to customers.
● Complete any training or qualifications required by the company.
What are we looking for? To successfully fill this role as Commis Chef at Saunton Sands Hotel, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
● Positive attitude and willingness to learn on the job and whilst attending college
● Good communication skills
● Commitment to delivering high levels of food preparation for customer satisfaction
● A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements.
● Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
● Ability to follow instructions and guidance, whilst also using your own initiative
Although previous experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
What’s in it for me? There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels? Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!