Chef de Partie
Permanent - Full Time (48 (4 day week))
Closing date: 30th July 2022
Salary: £27,248 per annumApply
Chef de Partie
Location: Saunton, North Devon, EX33 1LQ
Salary: £27,248 per annum
Hotel: Saunton Sands Hotel
Hours per week: 48 (worked over 4 days)
Deadline to apply: 30.07.2022
As a Chef de Partie you will assist in running an efficient and profitable kitchen, using quality ingredients to inspire flavourful menus and prepare attractive food. You will prepare and cook dishes with guidance from the Head Chef or Senior Chef. Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in North Devon.
What will I be doing?
As a Chef de Partie at Saunton Sands Hotel, you will perform tasks and follow instructions given to you by a Head or Senior Chef. You are responsible for maintaining your kitchen station and equipment throughout your shift whilst showing willingness to progress and deliver customer satisfaction through the dishes you prepare. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Responsible for the ordering of quality fresh and frozen food for daily and specific needs.
- Ensure the completion of requisitions and keep necessary stocktake records.
- Ensure deliveries are stored in the correct locations whilst in a timely manner, whilst being the keeper of keys.
- Maintain kitchen area and equipment, ensuring your station and utensils are in a hygienic condition at all times.
- Be prepared to prepare and envision varying menus, on some occasions menus will change daily.
- Deliver a speedy service whilst ensuring the quality and presentation of food.
- Consider portion control to minimise waste whilst preparing dishes.
- Understand and comply with company policy on HASAWA, HACCP, fire precautions, legal requirements, and perform any other tasks that may be required from time to time.
- Establish relationships with attending kitchen staff and other members of staff through the hotel assisting in the delivery of service to customers.
- Be prepared to work in other Brend establishments from time and time, expanding your knowledge of varying kitchens and dishes.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as Chef de Partie at Saunton Sands Hotel, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn on the job
- Ability to use your own initiative using quality ingredients to inspire dishes
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to show guidance to others to allow them to progress in their career
What’s in it for me?
There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, a share of staff tips and you could be eligible for live-in accommodation in the nearby town of Barnstaple. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!