Spa General Manager
Send your C.V and covering letter to Anthony Kingdon: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
Spa Manager at Saunton Sands
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of launching Saunton Sands’ new spa and wellness experience due to open autumn 2018. Saunton Sands is part of the family-run Brend Hotel Group, a collection of luxury hotels, restaurants and spas across Devon and Cornwall.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Responsible for all aspects of the Spa Operation, supporting the General Manager in driving key elements such as marketing and promotions, operating criteria, programming, budgeting, VIP guest visits, staff relations and training. The Spa Manager will play a key role in the Spa’s vision of success and guest expectation.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure that all agreed operational standards are maintained within the Spa and that any defects are addressed quickly and efficiently.
- Responsible for Opening/Closing Procedures when on duty.
- Set an example at all times in standards of professionalism, attitude and appearance as required from the staff.
- Provide full operational support to all spa departments
- To ensure that all treatments / reception duties are carried out in the spa are in line with agreed Spa procedures.
Spa & Retail Sales/Stock
- Promote and sell the services of the Spa and maximise the potential of all sales.
- Regularly monitor the retail sales and retail % of each staff member, providing motivation and training.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective stock control system including stock rotation, inventory and placing orders to par level, reporting cost to Spa Manager. Ensure a par stock appropriate to the business demands.
- Monitor the cost of product and correct usage of therapists.
- Ensure regular stock rotation within every treatment room.
Finance & Commercial
- Ensure that treatment scheduling meets the demands of the guest whilst maximising revenue and trends are monitored and addressed.
- Plan an annual calendar of events and promotions and to review success with General Manager
- Ensure the programme of activities and events within the Spa are advertised, supported and meet the guests expectations and to ensure that all spa staff understand the content of the programme.
- Prepare reports on key operating performance statistics in line with agreed procedures and implement action as discussed with the General Manager
- Review, monitor and report treatment spend analysis in line with agreed parameters.
- Record and manage all KPI reports
- Manage P&L spa revenue, spa costs, payroll in line with budget
Personnel Management & Training
- Manage all spa department rotas in line with the operational demands of the Spa and to review these regularly in line with special events, programmes, visits etc. Oversee attendance sheets, sick leave and holiday arrangements.
- Provide the update to manuals, workbooks, to ensure that all operational procedures are carried out in the prescribed manner.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the employees at the Spa to develop a highly motivated team, who can deliver high standards of service in all areas.
- Develop an annual training plan with spa supervisors and ensure that all employees are trained and developed to meet the needs of the business.
Guest & Hotel Relations
- Initially deal with all guest enquiries, feedback, complaints and issues and to ensure that necessary follow up/action to carried out
- Oversee Press visits, PR and VIP visits.
- Create and maintain relations with spa guests through having an active presence in key guest areas.
- Create strong relationships with key Hotel departments such as Front Office, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
Health, Safety & Hygiene
- Ensure that all Hotel and SPA Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to and that all new staff receive instruction in these as part of their Spa Induction programme
- Ensure that the Spa’s cleanliness and image are in line with agreed standards and are reviewed with key staff regularly
What we offer:
- Salary of £30,000 + Bonuses
- 28 days paid holiday
- Free meals when on duty
- Free uniform
- Entry into company pension scheme
- Preferential discounts for you and immediate family on accommodation, food and drink amongst other perks.
- Possible staff accommodation if relocating
- Free staff minibus from Barnstaple to the hotel
How to apply:
- Please only apply if you have experience in a similar role
- Send your C.V and covering letter to Anthony Kingdon: email@example.com