Spa Membership Manager
Send your C.V and covering letter to Anthony Kingdon: firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply
Spa Membership Manager at Saunton Sands
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of launching Saunton Sands’ new spa and wellness experience due to open autumn 2018. Saunton Sands is part of the family-run Brend Hotel Group, a collection of luxury hotels, restaurants and spas across Devon and Cornwall.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Responsible for driving pre and post-opening membership sales, maximising all opportunities and ensuring sales targets are met or exceeded in accordance with the business plan. As an Ambassador for the spa this role will establish an exclusive membership base, building strong guest relations and manage an effective retention programme whilst driving and delivering Spa and Hotel brand standards.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Sales & Revenue Generation
- Deliver performance in pre and post opening membership sales, aiming to meet or exceed targets as set by Spa Director and General Manager.
- Work in conjunction with and support the hotel marketing team to achieve corporate sales targets.
- To provide monthly updates to the Hotel team of performance against actual/budgeted membership sales and Day Spa sales.
- Maximise sales from all business centres in the spa by up selling and cross sales.
- Work closely with the Hotel Sales Team, Spa Director and General Manager to identify business development opportunities and maximise revenue from membership sales.
- Conduct regular competitive analysis maintaining a complete working knowledge of the local competition and catchment area of the Hotel.
- Arrange appointments for sales tours from leads, to conduct tours and sell the benefits and features of the Spa. Train in and monitor the sales and show-round process.
- Produce a sales action plan which will facilitate the membership renewals and the generation of new membership.
- Establish and maintain an exclusive membership base by pro-actively researching potential clients and soliciting new member business for the Spa through an effective telephone prospecting program and networking.
- Assist in developing the business by being actively involved in promotional activities to generate and stimulate new member interest / leads.
- Support the Spa Director in developing the spa’s annual membership marketing plan. Coordinate all promotional activities, PR and events in line with this.
- Effectively integrate the Spa within the Hotel marketing strategy and ensure ongoing representation of the Spa, both internally and externally.
- Plan and act as a host for all member events.
- Responsible for communication with all members on an ongoing basis to assess levels of satisfaction, including follow up activities.
- Be a constant presence at the spa reception taking regular walk rounds of all spa areas, ensuring interaction with guests and members.
- Conduct spa tours for VIPs, journalists and prospective members. Act as an Ambassador for the spa at all times.
- Deal with any client complaints promptly and effectively, ensuring client satisfaction and revenue is not jeopardised. Record any grievances and follow up accordingly, communicating with the Spa Director at all times.
- Ensure guest preferences are regularly updated on guest profiles.
- Manage the membership database system, tracking monthly Direct Debits and monitoring annual renewals.
- Provide reports on marketing and membership sales performance when required.
- Be responsible for the closure of the sale, ensuring full payment and all the appropriate forms and paperwork is completed. Accountable for cash handling, payment systems and ensure the figures to be accurate.
- Ensure membership collateral and promotional materials reflect the quality and integrity of SPA and the Hotel.
- Deal with daily administrations accurately ensuring all prospects are added to the database and any other enquiries are handled appropriately.
- Support the spa reception operation and maximise revenue opportunities and guest relations by undertaking reception and reservation duties when required.
- Train the Spa Sales & Reservations team in the Spa's membership systems.
- Act as Duty Manager when assigned this role as part of the rota
When on duty:
- Ensure the facility is adequately manned at all times. Oversee the smooth running of all business centres in the spa.
- Inform the relevant department head of any complaints or issues regarding the Spa’s facility, taking action or recommending amendments if necessary.
- Responsible for Opening/Closing Procedures.
- Complete opening procedures and checklists per relevant area on a daily basis, reporting any housekeeping or maintenance issues to the relevant department and ensuring prompt resolution.
- Attend hotel morning meetings, taking up to date revenue figures from the spa, communicating the day’s business, guests and any relevant activities to other department heads.
- Carry out daily briefings with the entire spa team, communicating guest/hotel information and revenue targets.
- Work flexibly as part of a team, attending staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Participate in regular sales meetings and related industry organizations /functions to represent the Hotel.
- Be proactive in maintaining and developing own knowledge of spa services.
- Take responsible care of own health and safety at work and those with whom you come into contact with.
- Perform any other duties deemed reasonable by management showing flexibility to cover areas outside the listed responsibilities.
What we offer:
- Salary of £22,000 + Bonuses
- 28 days paid holiday
- Free meals when on duty
- Free uniform
- Entry into company pension scheme
- Preferential discounts for you and immediate family on accommodation, food and drink amongst other perks.
- Possible staff accommodation if relocating
- Free staff minibus from Barnstaple to the hotel
How to apply:
- Please only apply if you have experience in a similar role
- Send your C.V and covering letter to Anthony Kingdon: email@example.com