11th August 2020
Five top reasons to book this Autumn
With stunning sunsets, the surf at its best and wild Exmoor to epxlore in all its purple heather-covered glory, autumn is an exceptional time to visit.
Enjoy the pure, unspolit landscape before returning to the hotel for dips in the vitality pool, luxurious treatments in the spa and hearty autumn food and wines.
We've round up our top five reasons why the season of 'mists and mellow fruitfulness' is the insider's month to visit...
1. The sea is at its warmest in October, making it the perfect time to learn how to peel waves like the pros. Jump in the glistening waters, take advantage of our free surfing lessons for kids and grownups and master new surfing skills.
2. It’s one last blast of the great outdoors before winter. Turn right or left and you’re already on the famous 630 mile South West Coast Path – pull on your walking boots and go by foot or bring the bikes and snake through stunning North Devon coastal and countryside.
Round off a long, bracing walk with a picnic and hot chocolate on the beach. Just wrap up warm, pack a few blankets and watch the sea lapping the shore as you gaze at the breathtaking sunsets for a picturesque evening.
3. It’s the season of gastronomical delights. Pique your palate in our two AA rosette Art Deco restaurant The Dining Room, where head chef Mathias Oberg utilises the rich deep flavours associated with the British harvest time. Mathias showcases the best of October’s dazzling bounty to craft culinary classics.
Experience other delectable dishes in the Terrace Lounge – a more casual spot where you can tuck into small plates, sandwiches and soups from the Light Bites menu alongside beautiful views across Braunton Burrows. Why not plump for a quintessentially British afternoon tea with a seasonal twist? Our cosy autumn afternoon teas come with a free apple cocktail or apple-based prosecco to spice things up.
4. A mere stone’s throw from Saunton beach is our sister restaurant Beachside Grill. This is a must visit as the bright, contemporary space offers fresh-from-the-grill meat, fish, veggie and vegan dishes. Tuck into the seasonal foods which are slow smoked over hickory wood on Bradley Smokers, and then over open flames for an authentic Deep South barbecue flavour.
5. It’s a chance to catch up on sleep, reconnect with nature and soothe your mind of stresses. Retreating to the coast is an excellent opportunity to sync your body with the calming natural surroundings and restore balance. Taking a little time out to relax, immerse yourself in the beauty of nature and spend quality time with loved ones is important to your health and happiness.
Experience pure freedom this October at Saunton, book now.