Ice Fountain & Contrast Showers
Here at the Source Spa and Wellness, our contrast showers and ice fountain are part of our marine-inspired Thermal Suite. The showers have cold and warm settings, so you can gently immerse yourself in a downpour of cold water. The ice fountain is a beautiful feature; a marble bowl of flaked ice continually topped up with via ‘the fountain’, allowing you to douse yourself with ice.
Ice therapy is no stranger to health and wellness spas as part of a ‘Thermal Journey’. It’s long been acknowledged that ice therapy and immersing yourself in cold water can have amazing results, not just for athletes, it’s become extremely popular in many realms of health and beauty.
Cold exposure has been known to provide a number of health and beauty benefits*:
- Natural stress relief
- Muscle relaxation
- Reducing inflammation
- Pain relief
- Elimination of waste products
- Cleansed skin and nails
- Shiny hair
- Help with depression
- Increase alertness
- Weight loss
- Improve immunity and circulation
- Some experts claim that the principle is 3 -1. You want to be in the hot water 3 times longer than the cold water, so 90 seconds hot, 30 seconds cold.
- Due to cold water and ice helping to close the skin’s pores, we advise not to have a cold shower or rub ice into your skin directly following a dip in any of our pools, as there is the potential to trap chemicals etc. in the pores potentially causing rashes and irritation, please be sure to shower with warm water first
- Read how to incorporate cold exposure into your thermal journey here.
Discover the other facilities in our Thermal Suite...
CONTACT US & HEAR MORE
To hear about our specialised spa days, offers and more first, subscribe to our email newsletter in the 'Join Us' section below!
Also, check out our FAQs section.
*These statements are for informational purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for medical counselling. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Saunton Sands and Source Spa shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss, damage, or injury caused directly or indirectly by the information contained herein.