Permanent - Full Time (48hrs per week)
Closing date: 30th July 2022
Salary: £24,960 - £27,242Apply
Deadline to apply: 30th July 2022
As a Pastry Chef at Saunton Sands Hotel, you will have creative control in the pastry station of the kitchen and will develop a flavoursome menu, that will compliment and enhance the experience of an afternoon tea, cream tea and dessert offerings. Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in North Devon.
What will I be doing?
As a Pastry Chef at Saunton Sands Hotel, you will be responsible for maintaining the quality and delicious taste of the pastry already in place whilst incorporating your own skills and flair to advance the customer experience. You will understand how seasonality, provenance and environmental factors impact on product and menu, using it as an advantage by creating seasonal delights to enhance the flavours of produce available. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensuring all of the desserts are created and plated perfectly with attention to detail.
- Assisting the kitchen team in ensuring a smooth and efficient service.
- Ensuring the adherence of food hygiene and preparation within your brigade.
- Support with the day-to-day running of the kitchen in a professional, cost-effective and driven manner.
- Envisioning and creating a menu which represents ingredients that are fresh and locally sourced.
- Transferring knowledge of food safety and health and safety into the management of risks, supporting your team to ensure a high standard environment.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as Pastry Chef at [hotel], you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Ability to show leadership skills through effective communication
- A friendly approach to liaising with other departments
- Possess a creative imagination and ability to use your own initiative using quality ingredients to inspire pastry dishes
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a high-pressure, busy environment whilst maintaining high standards with your brigade.
- Willingness to learn and expand your knowledge and skill set.
- Full working knowledge of all sections within the pastry department.
- The ability to learn, adapt and develop both yourself and your team.
- Previous pastry experience in a similar environment with a good track record - at CDP level (as a minimum).
What’s in it for me?
There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, a share of staff tips and you could be eligible for live-in accommodation in [area]. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!