Finnish Aroma Sauna
Bask in the dry heat of our Finnish aroma sauna in Source Spa's ocean-view Thermal Suite at Saunton Sands Hotel on the North Devon coast.
Seating up to 12 people, our Finnish aroma sauna is heated to 95°C and scented with a range of neutral, calming aromas to aid relaxation.
Take a lesson from the Finnish and use a sauna regularly as part of a therapeutic thermal journey. Regular sauna use has been known to provide a number of health and beauty benefits*:
- Natural stress relief
- Muscle relaxation & soothing aches and pains
- Elimination of waste products
- Radiant skin and hair
- Respiratory relief
- Aid weight loss
- Help sleep
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Stay hydrated, we recommend drinking two to four glasses of water after using a sauna. The high temperatures and increased sweating can dehydrate you.
- Remove jewellery before your sauna as it could heat up and burn you!
- Post-sauna, take a cold shower to invigorate your skin and rinse off sweat and cleanse your pores in our contrast showers or do it like the Finnish and bathe yourself in ice. Discover how ice therapy could help you.
- Read how to incorporate sauna use into your thermal journey here.
Discover the other facilities in our Thermal Suite...
CONTACT US & HEAR MORE
To hear about our specialised spa days, offers and more first, subscribe to our email newsletter in the 'Join Us' section below!
Also, check out our FAQs section.
*These statements are for informational purposes only and are not intended as a substitute for medical counselling. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Saunton Sands and Source Spa shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss, damage, or injury caused directly or indirectly by the information contained herein.